[ltp] X crash on hibernation (with 'tphdisk' )

gustavo linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 11 Nov 2003 18:56:18 +0200

Hello List.

  I was try 'tphdisk' for hibernate my R-40. I do: 'tphdisk 300
 >/mnt/tmpfat/save2dsk.bin'
and after '<Fn> + <F12>'. The process of "save to disk" and "resume from
disk" looks
OK.  But after finish the resume from the disk the "X" is freeze. I was
try to coment the
"option of DPMS" in "/etc/X11/XF86Config-4", but I get the same crash.
  I'm using a thinkpad R-40, kernel 2.4.22, Debian testing/unstable,
XFree 4.3, DRI modules
for 3D accelerations and Enlightment Manager Windows with "xdm" daemon.

  Any Idea for some work arround for this problem.

 Thank you
      Gustavo
By the way, if I try suspend I get the same crash in the resume from.
--
Regards.
gustavo halperin

Tel:      972-4-829-2334