[ltp] Mouse pointer slowly moves when not touching trackpoint

Heiko Rosemann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 15 Nov 2003 15:00:12 +0100 (CET)

Hi everyone,

I'm currently experiencing a strange behaviour of my trackpoint: The X mouse
pointer sometimes slowly drifts to the left, even if I don't touch the
trackpoint at all. When this happens, the mouse button function of the
trackpoint (when pressing it) doesn't work, and it is easier to move the
pointer to the left than to the right.

I haven't yet played around with the settings, just using tp4d -S 0xff on a
linux 2.4.23-rc1 slackware 9.1 box with X 4.3.0.

The tp4d version is 1.2.6 2002/10/15, and I don't recall having such
problems on tty or on Windows XP (I'm running a dual-boot system) on my X30.

The box is not yet two months old, so I wouldn't really suspect this to be a
HW problem...

Any thoughts anyone?

Regards, Heiko