[ltp] Mouse pointer slowly moves when not touching trackpoint

Heiko Rosemann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 15 Nov 2003 18:28:17 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 15 Nov 2003, Jon Solberg wrote:

> The same problem show on a TP R30 and R31 (Linux and and Windows
> 2000/XP, again recognized as a known issue by IBM. To me, the behaviour
> seems less likely to occur under Linux than Windows. YMMV.

Allright, so if it is a known issue - I'll just have to live with it.
To me it seems to happen only with linux, so I suspected it to be something
different, maybe a sort of auto-calibration that is implemented in the
Windows drivers, but not in linux. I'm not quite sure about the sensitivy I
set in Windows and how it matches to linux -S 0xff, so the difference could
be somewhere in there as well. For now, I'll just take it as it is - and
have a short break when it occurs :-)

Thanks for the comments, Heiko