[ltp] Mouse pointer slowly moves when not touching trackpoint

Jim Brewster linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 15 Nov 2003 14:03:50 -0500

At the risk of "drifting" way off-topic, does this calibration happen in the
trackpoint itself, or at the BIOS/motherboard level? The reason I ask is that
I have a full-size IBM Trackpoint II keyboard that I was using with my Compaq
desktop. Loved the trackpoint and the satisfying clickety-clack of the the
spring-loaded keys, but one day the drift didn't stop so I had to stop using
it. Is it not calibrating because it's not hooked to the right motherboard?
Could I fix it by hooking it up to my thinkpad? Or is it just FUBAR?

--
Jim Brewster
bardobro@toad.net

"You have to be out of your mind to come to your senses."
--Fritz Perls