[ltp] Fedora Core 1 on Antique 760 series

Glyn Kennington linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 18 Nov 2003 07:52:27 +0000

Tino Keitel wrote:
> > on. The next serious problem, and a real show stopper, is PCMCIA won't
> > work. The only error reported is a pair of the familiar 'No IRQ known
> > for interrupt pin A of device 00:0n.n. Please try using pci=biosirq.'
> > messages. Attempting to follow the advice and pass pci=biosirq to the
> > kernel results in kernel panic.
>
> Do you use kernel pcmcia support (yenta.o) or the drivers from
> pcmcia-cs (i82365.o)? Dave Hinds told me that the former won't work on
> a 76x model with a Cardbus card, since the Cardbus bridge in these
> models uses ISA IRQs. While the kernel driver requires PCI IRQs, the
> pcmcia-cs driver has a fallback for ISA IRQs.

I've had the same problem with my 760ED, whenever I try using a Cardbus
card (PCMCIA cards work OK).  Always `no IRQ known for interrupt pin',
and the message about pci=biosirq, and no improvement (but no kernel
panic) despite trying all possible parameters for pci=foo.  I also found
exactly no difference was made by switching between built-in kernel
drivers and pcmcia-cs.  I haven't tried anything more recent than
version 3.2.2, though.

Glyn

--
glyn.kennington@ox.compsoc.net