[ltp] Problems accessing USB 2.0 disk from T40

Stefan Farestam linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 19 Nov 2003 11:43:02 -0800

Yes, I have had the same issues and haven't resolved them yet. My
experience was with a T40 + Fedora Core 1 standard kernel. I was
afraid that it potentially was a hardware problem with the case
that I used, but your response seems to indicate that it may rather
be a driver issue.

I tried removing the ehci-hcd module, thus reducing the interface
to USB1. Usbview showed that the interface was no more USB2
compliant, but I still have problems.

So, at this point I suspect that the problems may be usb-storage
related rather than USB1 vs USB2 related.

/Stefan