[ltp] DOS

Analabha Roy linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 19 Nov 2003 15:52:20 -0800 (PST)

  If MSDOS is installed in a partition in your HD, the device file that corresponds to
the partition in which the c:\ drive is kept should already be listed in /etc/fstab . You
can include that partition as an entry in the configuration file of your bootloader (LILO
or GRUB) and write the boot menu into the first sector of your master boot record. Then a
reboot will bring you to the boot menu where you can select your OS to dos and continue.

 Since kernel images can be bigger than 1.44 MB (mine sure is), I dunno if Unix/Linux can
always be booted from a floppy (bootable CD or ZIP's fine). I don't know how microsoft
DOS/WINDOWS works, though(do they even have kernel images??? I'm totally ignorant about
anything windows:) )

Hi,