[ltp] the purpose or advantage of suspend and hibernation

Kelvin KAN linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 21 Nov 2003 10:35:26 +0800

Suspend/hibernate won't clean up stuck processes.  E.g. mem leakage will
be accumulated over and over on each suspend.  They also won't do
filesystem checks.

Shutdown/restart would probably better free up the stuck resources, and
check for hard errors.

So perhaps many suspend/hibernations for convenience, and then
occasional shutdowns for a heathy system.

-
kelvin.