[ltp] automatic network probing

Robert Hajime Lanning linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 22 Nov 2003 02:29:09 -0800 (PST)

<quote who="Rob Walker">
> I would think that one MAC address other than your own would be enough
> data to make a match.  The other alternayive is that your personal
> Secret Service Agent got plugged in at work or at home before you did.
> :-)

Yup, one would think that, but, how many people plug into just a single
subnet at work, and a single subnet at home?

At home I have 8 VLANs (two of them I actually plug into, one wired and
one wireless)

At work, it depends on which building I am visiting.

Ok, I think we have gotten sufficiently off topic. :)
"Nothing to see here, move along..." *crash*

--
END OF LINE
       -MCP