[ltp] ThinkPads with Intel Centrino and Linux?

Crawford Rainwater linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
22 Nov 2003 11:26:31 -0700

I am debating on getting a new ThinkPad with a Intel Centrino in it
(like one of the R series).  Any personal input, pros/cons, etc. from
the folks out there?  For the distribution, most likely I will be going
Debian if there is a question on that with VMware running a few other
distros under it.

I understand that the WiFi side of the Centrino is still TBD since Intel
is being slow at releasing it to the Linux community, but aside from
that, any other thoughts and $0.02?

TIA.

--- Crawford

The Linux ETC Company
P.M.B. 146
368 South McCaslin Boulevard
Louisville, CO 80027 USA
+1 (303) 604-2550 (voice)
+1 (866) 604-2550 (toll free within the US)
+1 (303) 664-0036 (fax)
http://www.linux-etc.net