[ltp] Creating Hibernation file

Sat, 22 Nov 2003 21:47:54 +0200

--ew6BAiZeqk4r7MaW

Hi.

On Sat, Nov 22, 2003 at 12:56:49PM +0000, Syd Hancock wrote:
> I have a T23.

So do I.

> I used to have a fat16 (or maybe fat32) dos partition=20
> (no windows installed) in which I created a hibernation file using=20
> the utility from the IBM website. This worked partially but there=20
> was always corruption of the screen in virtual terminals=20
> (Ctrl-Alt-Fn key) and it didn't work too well with KDE etc - e.g.=20
> always logged out automatically.

I have a hibernation file on a FAT32 partition, and it works just fine.
(From X.  I think I never tried hibernating when a text console is
active.)

> I then booted from the hibernation-creation floppy and tried the=20
> 'create hibernation partition' option and off it went.

I think the docs say that hibernation partitions are not supported on
this model.

> Since then, both sleep and hibernation work much better with no=20
> screen corruption at all. Nor am I logged out of KDE. In fact it=20
> works just as I had always assumed it would - all open apps are=20
> restored to the state they were in before sleep/hibernation.=20

I'm surprised.

> One question - sleep and hibernation only work if AC is=20
> disconnected. Is this usual? Obviously it can be argued that if the=20
> AC is connected then no form of suspend is necessary.=20

No.  I can suspend while on AC power.  I haven't tried hibernation.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
Given enough eyeballs all bugs are shallow.
		-- Eric S. Raymond, "The Cathedral and the Bazaar"

--ew6BAiZeqk4r7MaW

--ew6BAiZeqk4r7MaW--