[ltp] ThinkPads with Intel Centrino and Linux?

Greg Meyer linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 23 Nov 2003 18:26:08 -0500

On Sunday 23 November 2003 06:17 pm, Steve Barr wrote:
> I thought there had been some work on wrappering the Windows drivers
> so they worked in Linux.  You can also check the HW manual for the
> model you are considering and see if you can replace the wireless
> card with the Cisco (which is what I did).  Or just get a supported
> wireless PC Card, usb dongle, whatever.  Don't let Intel hold you
> back from buying a ThinkPad. :-)
Linuxant has done this and it works, I have tried it.  I went ahead and
ordered the Cisco card and have it working with the native driver module
currently being maintained by Fabrice Bellet, but the Intel card should work
using the driverloader.

http://www.linuxant.com/driverloader/
--
/g

"Outside of a dog, a man's best friend is a book, inside
a dog it's too dark to read" -Groucho Marx