[ltp] Switching Between Networks

Rob Smith linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 23:19:57 -0600

I would like to be able to use my 600E both at home, on my DSL, and also at
work, on a corporate LAN. At home, I've got a static IP, using my DSL
Router's IP as the default Gateway, and my ISP's DNS server's IP addresses.
At work, I am running DHCP. I also require use of an internet proxy server.

I've seen two different applications to help automate this process. One is
called NetSwitch and the other being Quickswitch. I am wondering if anyone
out there has experience with either or both of these apps, and could advise
me of your impressions. Also, if anyone has other ideas for automating this
process (I would imagine that I'll still have to reset the proxy in Mozilla
either way) that would be appreciated.

BTW, I'm running SuSe 9.0 on a 600E (2645-4BU).

Thanks,

Rob Smith