[ltp] dhcp problem

S. Anthony Sequeira linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 28 Nov 2003 19:33:08 +0000

Sorry, won't thread, cut & paste job.

Hi,

> No, AFAIR all you need to do is maintain /etc/dhclient.conf.  This is
> probably a server issue then.  If you don't find a solution by this

Oops         ^^^^^^  don't know about this.

> evening, I'll check my configuration, and post the results.

I'm going away later today for the weekend, so don't hurry. ;-)

I have my own LAN, with a modem router providing a DSL connection.

$ cat dhclient.conf resolv.conf
# dhclient.conf

send host-name "aurora";
prepend domain-name-servers 127.0.0.1;
request subnet-mask, broadcast-address, time-offset, routers,
        domain-name, domain-name-servers, host-name;
require subnet-mask, domain-name-servers;

# interface "eth0" {
# prepend domain-name-servers 127.0.0.1;
# request subnet-mask, broadcast-address, time-offset, routers,
        # domain-name, domain-name-servers, host-name;
# require subnet-mask, domain-name-servers;
# }

# end dhclient.conf

search sequestor.lan
nameserver 127.0.0.1
nameserver 192.168.0.1

I would also check /etc/pcmcia/network.opts is you are using cardmgr.

HTH
--
Tony