[ltp] Success and follow-up (was Switching X screen res's "on the fly")

Crawford Rainwater linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
01 Oct 2003 08:25:00 -0600

My apologies for not including the XF86Config file (don't ask me why RH
decided to take off the "-4" that most distributions have like Debian)
in the original post.

By adding the different Depths and Modes under Section "Screen" for
Depths of 8, 15, and 16 (RH only had 24 in there by default), then
increasing the HorizSync 20-140 and VertRefresh 50-275 as posted, the
"switching on the fly" works, save with a slight "fuzzy screen" at Depth
24 (works with Depths 8 and 16).

Thanks for the assistant out there as well, now to try this in Debian.
;-)

--- Crawford

The I.T.E.C. Company
P.M.B. 146
368 South McCaslin Boulevard
Louisville, CO 80027 USA
+1 (303) 604-2550 (voice)
+1 (866) 604-2550 (toll free within the US)
+1 (303) 664-0036 (fax)
http://www.itec-co.com