[ltp] T40p VMWARE +XP

Stephan Groß linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 6 Oct 2003 10:03:30 +0200

Am Sonntag, 5. Oktober 2003 00:36 schrieb Hartwig, Thomas:

Hi Thomas,

> This leads to my second question: Anyone heard of a possibility to
> extract the installation out of the hidden device to CDs? As a last
> solution I have red from a possibility to order this CD sets for about
> 40 bucks.

I called the IBM support (in Germany) and told them, that the recovery
partition of my T30 is broken. They sent me a recovery CD set within two days
for FREE. I use the recovery partition now as hibernation partition.

Unfortunately, AFAIK it is not possible to use the recovery CDs for a VMWare
installation but if you find a way, please let me know ;-)

Regards,
Stephan.

--
Stephan Groß <st.gross(at)gmx.de>