[ltp] G40 again

David Härdeman linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 03 Oct 2003 17:39:08 +0200

Hi guys,

I am still experimenting with the NIC in my Thinkpad G40 (Broadcom
5901). Seems people have had mixed success with the bcm5700 driver but
that it is mostly working. I am still interested in the tg3 driver as
included with the latest kernels (2.4 and 2.6) tough. I have been unable
to find anyone else who has tried this combination but on this list I've
at least been able to find a few other G40 owners.

My question is this, could any of the G40 owners out there consider
building one the latest 2.4.X-preX or 2.6.0-testX kernels and test if
their NIC works with the tg3 driver? (I want to do this in order to rule
out hardware problems so that I can get back to the tg3 driver developers).

Regards,
David