[ltp] Gentoo

Charles E Taylor IV linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 7 Oct 2003 09:35:11 -0400

On Fri, 03 Oct 2003 20:46:49 +0100
"S. Anthony Sequeira" <tony@sequeira.com> wrote:

> Sorry,  I am in the process of installing LFS on my TP 600E.  Not fast
> or big hard disk either.  All you need is patience and preferably
> another machine for day to day work.  It's not 'efficiency' I'm
> primarily interested in, but knowledge and control of what *exactly*
> goes onto my system.

That's pretty much my point. Many of us want to get actual work done on
our laptops ... work OTHER than compiling stuff like (for example) Open
Office.

If you have a spare machine kicking around, it doesn't really matter WHAT
you install on it, or how long it has to sit and compile before you can
use it.

*  Charles Taylor <tomalek@mindspring.com>
*  Chemistry teacher, Linux enthusiast!
*  Web: http://home.mindspring.com/~charletiv/