[ltp] Suspend/resume on T40

Carl Nygard linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
09 Oct 2003 14:10:05 -0400

I've followed a few threads about suspend/resume, and I thought what I
did should work, according to others' experience.  I have a stock RH9
install, with my own 2.4.22-ac4 kernel (CONFIG_APM_DISPLAY_BLANK=n,
CONFIG_VESA_FB=y).  cpudyn is speedstep-ing the processor nicely.

I also updated the XFree86 rpms from the fedora severn beta

At this point, the screen turns off if I shut the lid, turns back on
properly, X resumes fine (this also worked before upgrading XF86).

I expected the severn XF86 beta rpms to allow the Fn-F3/4 keys to work
properly, but nothing at all happens.  I can turn on the light and dim
the lcd with the Fn-xx keys, so the Fn key seems to be working.

I'm about to try updating gdm as well from the severn beta, but I don't
know if that will have an effect.

Anyone have other clues?

--
Carl Nygard <cjnygard@fast.net>