[ltp] Thinkpad 600E roll call...

Michelle Klein-Hass linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 12 Oct 2003 16:01:11 -0700

Hi guys,

Just a quick question about what everyone thinks of the Thinkpad 600E
366MHz and/or 400MHz as a good solid Linux laptop. My 365X is now
living with friends in England, and after playing around with one at
the Computer Show this weekend it looks like I'm going to take the
plunge and snag one refurbished from ComputerGeeks.Com. The distro
I'm looking to install will be Mandrake 9.1. I'm also going to run
Win4Lin so I can use this stupid Active X courseware that one of my
classes in College uses...I have a copy of Windows98SE so I can load
that up. No, it won't work on anything else other than IE under
Windows...stupid software...:P

My friend Chad Page has one and he loves his. I already have an Apple
PowerBook G3 Wallstreet which runs MacOS 9.1 and Yellow Dog Linux 3,
but I actually am missing my old Thinkpad.

If anyone could let me know the "gotchas" and weird stuff I need to
watch out for with the 600 series I'd be very, very grateful.

Thanks guys,
-.\\<-H-