[ltp] R40 display gets garbled after being idle..

Mark Carroll linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 13 Oct 2003 07:57:10 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003, ravi channavajhala wrote:
(snip)
> Installed Redhat linux 9.0 (2.4.20-6), up and running
> away.  Everything works beautifully, until the system
> being idle for an hour or so.  At which time the
(snip)

I had this problem with my R40. Additionally, X kept crashing. I switched
to a kernel that doesn't use the framebuffer device and the garbling
stopped. However, I've since upgraded my kernel and X. X no longer
crashes (XFree86 4.2.1 IIRC), and maybe it was some problem with X that
was causing the garbled console, but I've not yet had time to reenable the
kernel framebuffer device to see if there's still garbling.

-- Mark