[ltp] cpufreq speeds below 600 MHz?

Andrew Moore linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 14 Oct 2003 13:24:23 -0400

I've finally succeeded in getting 2.6.0-test7 to run nicely on my
T40 (Pentium-M at 1.4 MHz).

I had installed the new module-init-tools but as it turns out I was
still executing the old tools due to a problem in my path (which was
in turn due to a problem with me not RTFMing properly).

Anyway, CPU speed adjustments are now working, and they bottom out
at 600 MHz.  In the interest of getting the T40's fans to turn off
completely, is there any way to get the CPU to run even lower?

I seem to remember something about thermal zones -- maybe causing
the CPU to go even lower if it reaches a critically high temp --
and by adjusting the temp threshold you could force it to lower
speeds.  I'd like to see it around 200 to 300 MHz if possible.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
--Andrew