[ltp] New 770 user

Ajai Khattri linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 16 Oct 2003 14:45:02 -0400

Brad Langhorst wrote:

>On Tue, 2003-10-14 at 23:47, Ajai Khattri wrote:
>

>you'll be best served by googling for one of the linux on tp770 pages...

That was the first thing I did before posting here. All of the pages Ive
seen deal
with old kernels, old versions of Redhat. Im running RH9...

>you need to pass vga=0x### on the kernel boot line
>or some such value
>(look in /usr/src/linux/Documentation/fb.txt for the actual value for
>your resolution etc.)

Im using grub - all of the pages Ive seen talk about doing this with lilo...
Ive read the grub documentation and Im not much wiser...

>just change the order in your /etc/rc2.d (or whatever your runlevel is)

Of course, I mentioned I could easily do this, but I think this is a bug...

--
Aj.
Systems Administrator / Developer