[ltp] How can I take care about my TP 600E?

Brett Jones linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 20 Oct 2003 12:51:32 -0700

--=======35B76499=======

I can respond to the Ultraslimbay battery .... buying one depends on two
things.  1 - what you want it for and 2 - how cheap you can find it on ebay
:).  Remember it fits in the bay, so you won't be able to plug in anything
else while using it (no dvd's or cd's, etc).  If you just want to extend
your ability to do work (or play solitare) then it's a good buy.  I
wouldn't spend more than $35 for it though.

Also, when I was in the market for a new battery I contacted several
sellers.  More than one suggested I buy one of the 3600ma ones instead of
the standard 3200ma's.  I usually run off ac, but have had no problems with
the battery I purchased (sorry I can't remember who I bought it from).

Brett

At 12:25 PM Monday 10/20/2003 you said:
|--------------------

>Hello ThinkPad Users,
>I have a few questions about taking care my TP 600E. First of all, my
>battery died one year ago, and now I want to buy a new one. Please
>explain me, how I can take care about my new battery (on TP600E), and
>what do you think about UltraslimBay Battery (is it sense to buy it)?
>My second question is how big should be a vat partition for hibernation
>state. When I installed my Debian I prepared only ext3 partitions, and
>now I can't use hibernation. What kind of type the partition should be?
>I know that fat32, but primary, secondary, extended?
>Thank you for your answers.
>--
>Best regards,         PGP: http://wilk.wpk.p.lodz.pl/swierczu/pgp
>Bartek.               http://sknauk.wpk.p.lodz.pl