[ltp] pcmcia on thinkpad R40 2272-GCU, can't get it to work

Damian Lubosch linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 23 Oct 2003 23:23:33 +0300

Luc Lefebvre wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have Debian (Libranet 2.8.1, kernel 2.4.21) on a thinkpad R40.  I
> have been trying to get pcmcia to work on it for nearly a week now
> and am still having no luck.  So far the yenta_socket driver loads (I

Hei!

My common soulution to such type of problems is to boot Knoppix, a
debian-based boot-cd with a very good autoconfiguration and to see what
drivers and setting it is using.
Actually, the PCMCIA on my R40 2722-3GG works fine (with Orinoco-WLAN
cards).
Maybe you can find some hints to solve your problem by looking what
Knoppix is loading during the boot-process.

I hope it helps a little...

Bye, Damian