[ltp] pcmcia on thinkpad R40 2272-GCU, can't get it to work

Bernd Zeimetz linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 24 Oct 2003 13:18:41 +0200 (MEST)

Hi,

> I have Debian (Libranet 2.8.1, kernel 2.4.21) on a thinkpad R40.  I have been trying to get pcmcia to work on it for nearly a week now and am still having no luck.  So far the yenta_socket driver loads (I assume this means that the TI Cardbus controller is detected) and cardmgr is up and running.  I have tried to boot with a flash card in the slot, restarting pcmcia, using cardctl inser, all to no avail.  The card is never detected (it is detected under windows and on antoher laptop running Debian Woody with kernel 2.4.18 with pcmcia-cs).  I have tried to add pci=assign-busses to the grup kernel line without any success.

that's a bug. I've reported it some weeks ago.
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=801026&group_id=2405&atid=102405

workaround: use an usb-mouse - the usb controller has the same interrupt (on my r40, think it
should be the same on yours). cardmgr reacts on the mouse-interrupts, too.

Bernd

--

  DH4PH
  http://bzed.deviantart.com/