[ltp] Suspend on T40, 2.6.0-test8

Taavi Burns linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 23 Oct 2003 14:40:59 -0600

On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 03:25:59PM -0400, Brad Langhorst wrote:
> > Who's gotten this to work with accelerated 3d graphics (the machine's
> > useless otherwise)? Which video driver? Do you have to switch out of X
> > or not (I seem to be able to switch TO a console, but not back).
> i now have it working properly with the radeon driver (glxgears ~
> 200fps)

On a T40, that's not "working properly."  I can get 250fps on my T30
with DRI disabled (i.e. unaccelerated).  When DRI is enabled, I get
more like 650 (800 with tuning).

--
taa

   Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human.  At best
   he is a tolerable subhuman who has learned to wear shoes, bathe, and
   not make messes in the house.
      - Robert A. Heinlein
/*eof*/