[ltp] System performance

Wed, 29 Oct 2003 02:11:32 +0000

Adam wrote:

> Can't find a 'konsole'.
>
> Under the Red Hat start menu, there is Graphics, Internet, Office
> (OpenOffice apps), System Tools. Oh, and accessories. No where else to
> find programs.

Probably under System tools? It may just be called "Terminal". You could
try the Run -> konsole or Run -> xterm  methods.

(Are you running KDE, GNOME, or another Window Manager? You get to
choose this from the desktop login; if you haven't actually chosen
anything, the default is GNOME. (If you are using GNOME, I'd recommend
you use xterm rather than konsole)

What's the result of "cat /etc/hosts" ?
(type it in the konsole/shell/terminal/xterm)

Richard