[ltp] Noisy hard disk

Abhishek Tiwari linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 28 Oct 2003 19:37:47 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I've recently bought a T40 23734CU, 40 GB 4200 rpm
hdd, 512 MB RAM, Intel Pentium M 1.5 Ghz. I am running
Debian Linux and Win Xp on it.

I feel that the hard disk is making some noise. It is
more than the other models of IBM like R40. i have not
seen any other t40s so am not sure if the hard disk is
defective or all t40s come with a 'noisy' hard disk.

Also once I logout of linux, the system just hangs and
does not bring up the login screen. This happened
after I used 'kill -9 -1' once to logout.

any help????

thanks a lot!

Abb