[ltp] Noisy hard disk

Thu, 30 Oct 2003 11:37:34 +0100

> i want to know what is your experience with t40. does
> the hard disk make some sound/a lot of sound/no sound
> at all on disk access. I just want to know if this is
> a normal feature of the hard drive in t40s or is it
> something extraordinary. I still have a chance of
> replacing the computer. i don't have lot of time to
> make the decision though.

I don't have experience with T40s, but since the drive model is
obviously the same as mine I can tell you that mine also makes noise on
disk access.

And I also had a 30gig drive of the same model type (IC25N030AT...)
which also showed the same behaviour: virtually no spin noise but noise
on disk access.

In my opinion disk access noise is not a bad thing.

My former toshiba drive was the opposite, it had no disk access noise
but spin noise and this was going on my nerves quite a lot.

André.