[ltp] T30 Hibernate help needed!!

Ramon Casellas linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 3 Sep 2003 08:48:11 +0200 (MEST)

On Tue, 2 Sep 2003, Hector Socas Navarro wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> 	I'm new to this list. I'm (desperately) trying to get suspend to
> disk (a.k.a. hibernate), to work on my T30. I have RedHat 7.3 with all the
> latest updates, except for the kernel which is 2.4.20-19.7. My hard drive
> is shared with WindowsXP Professional (hibernate works just fine for
> windows). I tried the tphdisk.c program, created the extra partition and
> the save2dsk.bin, but nothing happens when I press Fn+F12. I don't even
> get a buzz.
>
> Any ideas?

Only three:

* I'm not sure right now is you have to enable in the BIOS...

* Is the hibernation file in a FAT32 partition?

* Are you using APM or ACPI? In my X.31 it works fine with APM but not
with ACPI (by the way, recent ACPI versions + some experimental ones allow
newer thinkpads e.g. those with lots of AE_TIME and embedded controller
problems to finally work)

HTH.

Ramon