[ltp] Re: T30 Hibernate help needed!!

Rune Froysa linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
06 Sep 2003 02:50:14 +0200

Hector Socas Navarro <navarro@hao.ucar.edu> writes:

> I created the save2dsk.bin file in this partition using the
> tphdisk.c utility.

When I ran "tphdisk 550 > /mnt/dosd/save2dsk.bin" on a FAT32
(partid=b) hda6 partition, my T30 refused to boot.  It wouldn't even
enter BIOS setup with F1, nor let me select bootdevice with F12.  To
fix it, I had to boot from a CD with the harddisk disconnected, then
insert the harddisk and remove the file.  I tried defragmenting hda6
and creating a new save2dsk.bin file, but the same problem happened
again.  I'm planning to nuke the restore partition and put the file
there, but I'm unsure of how/if one can get restore CDs from IBM and
at what cost (they should be free IMNSHO).

--
Rune Frøysa
Oslo, Norway