[ltp] installing linux on IBM tp 600

Hector Socas Navarro linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 03 Sep 2003 11:26:37 -0600

Hi Nils,

	I'm no expert either, but my advice would be to go with RedHat. They
have a very nice user interface with lots of configuration tools very
useful for newbies. But the best part is that you can install and remove
software very easily using rpm packages. Once you have your box working
you can start messing around with all the configuration files and
totally screw your system. Just make sure you back it up first :)

Hector
--
                       Hector Socas-Navarro
                     High Altitude Observatory