[ltp] mpg, wav, wmv, mov, and avi formats

Wed, 10 Sep 2003 01:12:15 +0100

Dear Dan,

If you use mplayer (or gmplayer), you should be able to play practically
everything. (Provided you have all the relevant plugins for mplayer).

Personally, I save the files, and then play them with mplayer directly,
rather than trying to get browser plugins - because it's easier. But I'm
sure you can.

You can try cross-over plugin if you still need it.

Real Player is available for Linux (you have to hunt around their
website for it).

If you use Mandrake, then look at the "penguin liberation front"
http://plf.zarb.org to find relevant rpms.

Hope that helps,

Richard

--
rn214@hermes.cam.ac.uk  **  http://www.richardneill.org
Richard Neill, Trinity College, Cambridge, CB21TQ, U.K.