[ltp] ati fireGL 9000

Valient Gough linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
13 Sep 2003 10:26:03 -0700

--=-tdGzeDuSq0Kf6HmOYAJD

I've been using the internal USB-attached Bluetooth on my T40p, and it
works great under Linux.  The bluez drivers that came with SuSE 8.2 work
great.  I've used my phone to control the computer via btcontrold, and
I've setup internet access through my T68i and my friends T610 for the
times I'm traveling and want to do a quick email check.  Internet access
over bluetooth / cell phone is cool, but the usefullness depends on the
phone's service provider - using my AT&T account I get charged by the MB
for GSM data and using his T-Mobile account was too slow to be useable
(it was taking minutes to contact sites where as through AT&T it was
seconds or fractions of seconds).

Having owned now both a T40p and a Dell Inspiron 5000, I find that the
Thinkpad is a much more solidly build machine.  The T40p LCD panel is
firm and doesn't flex, where the DELL would flex under light pressure
and ultimately resulted in the demise of the DELL display on one of my
trips.

regards,
Valient

On Mon, 2003-09-08 at 08:58, honey@gneek.com wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Sep 2003, Bradley W. Langhorst wrote:
> (re: T40/p)
>
> > works fine
> > haven't tried bluetooth or irda or modem
>
> Can comment on bluetooth here: fully supported as far as I can tell at
> least for what I want to do.  I'm using phonemgr/gnome-bluetooth/tsemgr
> to talk to a Sony-Ericsson T610 mobile phone and it all works pretty
> well.  Needed CVS versions of openobex and tsemgr for better stability,
> but it basically all works.  Unlike in Windows, Fn-F5 doesn't turn
> on/off 802.11b wireless, but it does do it for bluetooth.
>
> If anyone wants more information just ask.

--=-tdGzeDuSq0Kf6HmOYAJD

<HTML>
<HEAD>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<BR>
I've been using the internal USB-attached Bluetooth on my T40p, and it works great under Linux.&nbsp; The bluez drivers that came with SuSE 8.2 work great.&nbsp; I've used my phone to control the computer via btcontrold, and I've setup internet access through my T68i and my friends T610 for the times I'm traveling and want to do a quick email check.&nbsp; Internet access over bluetooth / cell phone is cool, but the usefullness depends on the phone's service provider - using my AT&amp;T account I get charged by the MB for GSM data and using his T-Mobile account was too slow to be useable (it was taking minutes to contact sites where as through AT&amp;T it was seconds or fractions of seconds).<BR>
<BR>
Having owned now both a T40p and a Dell Inspiron 5000, I find that the Thinkpad is a much more solidly build machine.&nbsp; The T40p LCD panel is firm and doesn't flex, where the DELL would flex under light pressure and ultimately resulted in the demise of the DELL display on one of my trips.<BR>
<BR>
<A HREF="http://www.pobox.com/~vgough/suse-t40p.html">regards,</A><BR>
Valient<BR>
<BR>
&gt; haven't tried bluetooth or irda or modem

Can comment on bluetooth here: fully supported as far as I can tell at
least for what I want to do.  I'm using phonemgr/gnome-bluetooth/tsemgr
to talk to a Sony-Ericsson T610 mobile phone and it all works pretty
well.  Needed CVS versions of openobex and tsemgr for better stability,
but it basically all works.  Unlike in Windows, Fn-F5 doesn't turn
on/off 802.11b wireless, but it does do it for bluetooth.

If anyone wants more information just ask.</I></FONT></PRE>
</BLOCKQUOTE>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--=-tdGzeDuSq0Kf6HmOYAJD--