[ltp] T30 Linux 2.6.0 Trackpoint

Andy Zeneski linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 25 Sep 2003 12:09:54 -0400

Yes I am aware of this, and I also am aware that the 2.6.0 kernel may
include some enhancements. However, I am not aware of any way to fall
back to the older functionality which I personally prefer.

When pressing the middle mouse button on a 2.4 kernel, the mouse pointer
stops (does not move) and the scroll functionality kicks in. This new
functionality the mouse pointer is still 'free' and moves with the
little 'eraser head'. Scrolling still happens, but along with all the
other functionality.

Does anyone else use the trackpoint w/ a 2.6 kernel? I am also running
XFree86 4.3.0-r3 (gentoo package).

-Andy