[ltp] TP 600e, NEOMAGIC FrameBuffer and bootup

S. Anthony Sequeira linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 27 Sep 2003 21:42:32 +0100

On Sat, 2003-09-27 at 21:25, Antiphon wrote:
> It's a kernel problem. You don't need the Neomagic framebuffer driver and the
> VESA driver. Unselect Neomagic and then recompile your kernel

Will I still boot into a 1024x768 console then?  If I do not select a
framebuffer device I won't get the logo will I?

Please feel free to correct me.

I'll give it a shot, once I have finished the current installation tree,
I'm about 5 dependency levels deep into compiling vim with X support.

Thanks for the response.

--
Tony