[ltp] looking for firewire bus power

Brad Langhorst linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 05 Apr 2004 14:27:27 -0400

On Sun, 2004-04-04 at 19:16, Vincent Touquet wrote:
> As the T41p doesn't have firewire I got myself a cardbus card,
> which has a 12V DC small plug where I can feed the card so it
> can provide bus power (its impossible for the card to provide
> sufficient bus power using the 3.3V it is provided).

i'm a little shocked at the misunderstanding of voltage and power
displayed here...

The problem has nothing to do with voltage - it has to  with how much
current these little wires are rated to deliver.

Maybe you can draw enough power from the PS2 port to satisfy the device
in question (as Andreas suggests)

Excuse me if you all do understand this but it doesn't seem so.

brad