[ltp] Re: looking for firewire bus power

Ben Pfaff linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 05 Apr 2004 11:23:02 -0700

Vincent Touquet <vincent.touquet@pandora.be> writes:

> As the T41p doesn't have firewire I got myself a cardbus card,
> which has a 12V DC small plug where I can feed the card so it
> can provide bus power (its impossible for the card to provide
> sufficient bus power using the 3.3V it is provided).
>
> Any chance I can get it from somewhere and not involving a wall
> socker ? Those tiny usb fans, what voltage do they run on ?

The ThinkPad battery I have here says it is rated for a nominal
10.8 V.  That might be close enough to 12 V that you could
somehow rig something up.
--
"Platonically Evil Monkey has been symbolically representing the darkest
 fears of humanity since the dawn of literature and religion, and I think