[ltp] Looking For Linux-Friendly Thinkpad

Mark Houlder linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 06 Apr 2004 09:14:50 +0000

My T41 worked out of the box with suse9.0 (i think it's 'certified' to
work with it by IBM, for what that's worth - i think it just means they
tried it themselves and thought it was OK), only thing i had to install
myself was the agere modem drivers. wifi and bluetooth support isn't
complete but is improving, tho i think that's a general linux issue
rather than a thinkpad one.

I use gentoo now which is a lot more work (in the constant-tinkering
sense of the word) but if anything works even better; i've certainly had
no linux-vs-hardware issues because of the machine. i'd recommend suse
though if you want it to just 'work'. i think 9.1 is about to be
released, too...

intY has scanned this email for all known viruses (www.inty.com)