[ltp] Off topic about Bit Torrent

Adam Southerland linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 07 Apr 2004 01:01:08 +0000

I use this: bittorrent-EXPERIMENTAL-UNOFFICIAL-3.2.1b-2 for Windows (Haven't
got Linux Working enough for it and not sure I want to run it on my linux
box... Pentium 166...) -- Don't know if it's ported to Linux either....

Info I found... I have an ISA server as my firewall and I found if I run
BitTorrent from behind it, it runs rather slow and is slow to get any
connects... If I run it on the ISA Server then I get NICE download speeds =)
  (Plus I can cap it so I won't get booted off the net for exceeding my
bandwidth.)

I don't know if that will help, but those are my findings... I need a bigger
thinkpad =)

Adam Southerland (Micah)

>From: Peter Theunis <peter@drunkcoders.com>
>To: linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
>Subject: Re: [ltp]  Off topic about Bit Torrent
>Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 17:03:49 -0700
>
>Hi,
>
>I am very happy with "btdownloadcurses.py", very reliable.
>
>For example:
>
>btdownloadcurses.py --max_upload_rate 10 --url http://mytorrent
>

>This is part of the Bittorrent package i believe.

>Jim Hughes [jim_hughes@myrealbox.com] wrote:
> > I know that this is off the main topic for this list, but I know that
>this is
> > the best place to ask since it revolves around a Thinkpad.
> >
> > My question is about Bit Torrent.  I am needed to know, what is the best
> > program to use to be able to download files from the Bit Torrent
>network?
> > The reason that I am asking is that I have tried CTorrent and for some
>reason
> > I can not get it to work properly.  I have looked at my firewall and
> > everything looks fine.  Also I have opened up the ports on my router
>that
> > CTorrent specifies.
> >
> > Help!!!
> >
> > Thanks,
> >

> > Jim

Tax headache? MSN Money provides relief with tax tips, tools, IRS forms and
more! http://moneycentral.msn.com/tax/workshop/welcome.asp