[ltp] thinkpad-modules revisited

Justin Georgeson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 13 Apr 2004 18:23:29 -0500

Last week I posted asking about missing packages to build a
thinkpad-modules package from thinkpad-source. I got that working and
built and installed a thinkpad-modules-2.6.4 package. The problem is I'm
using the kernel-image-2.6.4-1.686 packaged kernel. So the
thinkpad-modules package I installed puts modules in /lib/modules/2.6.4
and when I try to load a module modprobe can't find it. How do I set up
the /usr/src/kernel-source-2.6.4 tree to build modules that will load in
my packaged kernel? In Red Hat I just set the EXTRAVERSION to match the
kernel. But when I set that to "-1-686" the make-kpackage throws an error

# make-kpkg --rootcmd=fakeroot modules-image
The changelog says we are creating 2.6.4, but I thought the version is
2.6.4-1-686
make: *** [modules-image] Error 1

What would it take to get thinkpad-modules packages in the official
repos for the kernel-image packaged kernels? (I don't see any, if they
are there already)