[ltp] T41p lcd ghost images

VaibhaV Sharma linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 21 Apr 2004 12:11:00 -0400

Hello,
I recently got myself a T41p and within 2 days I got one stuck pixel.

After another day I noticed that when I work in dim light, the top part
of the screen retains any bright image's stamp for a couple of seconds
in red color pixels (very small and very dim ) which are otherwise not
visible in normal light conditions.

Its like if I take the mouse cursor on the top of the screen, let it sit
there for a couple of seconds and then move it out from there, I see a
red colored image of the cursor still sitting there for a couple of
seconds and then it fades away.

I called up IBM, they said this is not a normal behavior. They asked me
to talk to the reseller (Euclid computers, OH) and ask them to replace
the laptop.

The reseller is willing to replace it but then if they dont find this as
a problem when they get the laptop, they will charge me a 15% restocking
fee.

My question is, is this LCD behavior normal or is this just a "slightly"
faulty piece I got? Just need to confirm before I go through the risky
exchange procedure.

Thank you,

VaibhaV
http://vsharma.net