[ltp] T30:Projector resolution hassles

Atul Chitnis linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 26 Apr 2004 10:12:02 +0530 (IST)

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004, VaibhaV Sharma wrote:

> Hi Atul,
>
> Try this -
>
> http://mailman.linux-thinkpad.org/pipermail/linux-thinkpad/2003-November/013701.html

Hmmm, that wouldn't address my problem, which is basically that X is not
detecting the external display correctly, and sets itself to 640x480 as a
window into a virtual 1024x768 desktop on the external display.

I tried using my desktop monitor at home to simulate the issue, but X
correctly detects it under all conditions and shows the correct resolution
on it.

I was planning to try out the various solutions discussed here last Friday
at the local LUG meet, where the projector we use always shows this
problem with my notebook (but not with notebooks that don't have
dualhead capabilities). Unfortunately, I missed the meet :(

Let me see if I can find a display device (that causes this problem) this
week and get a fix on things and let you guys know.

BTW - can I expect people to experience different behaviour on a Radeon
7500 (my T30) and a Radeon 9000 (T4x)? Would the amount of memory (16MB
v/s 32 MB) make a difference in this case)?

Atul

Atul Chitnis       | achitnis@exocore.com
Bangalore, India   | +91 (80) 2344-0397