[ltp] Re: T30:Projector resolution hassles

Ben Pfaff linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 23 Apr 2004 21:22:10 -0700

Atul Chitnis <achitnis@exocore.com> writes:

> I have a Thinkpad T30, with a Radeon Mobility 7500 display system, feeding
> a 1400x1050 LCD display. The machine runs Fedora Core 1, using
> XFree86-4.3.0-55 and KDE 3.2.1. I am not using Xinerama.
>
> My problem is when I am using this thing with a projector (which I do
> often). Most projectors I run into can only handle 1024x768 or less, which
> sin't too much of an issue - using KDE's REsize and Rotate tool (i.e.
> xrandr), I can easily size my display to whatever the projector can
> handle.

I have had best luck with the T30 and a projector when the TFT is
turned off and only the VGA out is turned on.  When I do that, I
get great output from the VGA out.  Otherwise, the output from
the VGA out is pretty bad.  There might be other ways to make it
work better, but this approach has been good enough for me so
far.
--
"Welcome to the Slippery Slope. Here is your handbasket.
 Say, can you work 70 hours this week?"