[ltp] T40 & X4.3

Paul Kaplan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 27 Apr 2004 20:14:20 -0400

Last November I was able to configure X 4.3 on a T40 (257551U -Radeon M7 w/
32Mb) with Xinerama enabled so that the internal LCD and an external LCD
monitor formed a single contiguous desktop.  This was using Mandrake kernel
2.4.22.  There was a long thread on this in early November 2003.

I recently upgraded to the new version of Mandrake which runs kernel 2.6.3,
but still uses X 4.3.  The same XF86Config-4 file no longer allows two
monitors...specifically, only the external monitor is used.  There are no
hardware changes.

Any ideas what might have changed to cause the problem.

TIA
Paul