[ltp] Linuxant's driverloader, D-link DWL-AB650, and APM standby mode

Andrew Gaffney linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 28 Apr 2004 00:36:55 -0500

After recompiling my kernel with APM support and running apmd on startup, my system can go
into Standby mode when I do 'apm --standby' or press Fn-F4. There is a problem when I come
back out of standby mode, though. My PCMCIA 802.11b NIC doesn't turn back on. If I pop it
out and slide it back in, the madwifi drivers (having problems with them currently) attach
to it instead of driverloader. I ran 'modprobe -r ath_pci', 'modprobe -r driverloader',
and 'modprobe driverloader' to allow driverloader to attach to the card. After this, the
lights were blinking on the card, but I couldn't get it to come back up (associate with an
AP). It works perfectly before the Standby and perfectly after a reboot. Is there
something special I need to do. BTW, this is a TP 770 running Gentoo Linux with the 2.6.4
kernel.

--
Andrew Gaffney
Network Administrator