[ltp] Screen Dim after suspend

Brad H Jinks linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 7 Aug 2004 12:27:40 -0700

OMG I fixed it! Yaaaay! It was a simple and obvious over site on my part.
Basically I had no idea of a program called "xorgcfg" It is an X based conf
file writer. I clicked on the video card icon and looked around. I found
that not only could I change the driver, but I could change it to neomagic
2200, which is the exact video chip! I slapped myself in the head, how
simple of a fix is that?

So the process to fix this is:

Run "xorgconfig" (initial X configuration) to create an xorg.conf file
Because the exact driver is not listed I used VESA Framebuffer
Once X is up and running run "xorgcfg" in while in X
Select the specific driver
Write the new conf files, and
Wala!

Thanks all for helping me out!