[ltp] Softmodem in R51 doesnt work in SuSE 9.1

Hartmut Meyer linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 10 Aug 2004 18:22:26 +0200

--Boundary-02=_HZPGB6wb6TM5uXr

Hi,

On Monday 26 July 2004 10:22, Uwe R=F6=DFner wrote:

> I have a problem with a new Thinkpad R51 running under SuSE 9.1 Linux. The
> internal softmodem doesn=B4t work (I can =B4 speak=B4 with the modem, but=
 it
> doesn =B4t dial). YAST is able to identify the modem and I can configure =
it
> (the package smartlink-softmodems is installed)

True (unfortunately): the internal modem of R51 is currently not support by=
=20
any distribution. I just talked to the guy that works on our (SUSE) side of=
=20
the relationship with IBM/NoFoSt/pro-comm.

According to what he says thge only way to get this modem to work at the=20
moment is the commercial driver available from http://www.linuxant.com

Greetings from Bremen
hartmut