[ltp] SuSE 9.1 on Thinkpad, cont'd.

Eben King linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 10 Aug 2004 14:07:22 -0400 (EDT)

I found out a few things:

- SuSE 9.1 puts "vga=314" in lilo.conf; I changed that to "vga=6".  That
  may have fixed the video even had I not upgraded to 2.6.8-rc3; dunno.
- SuSE puts "ACPI=off" in the "append=" line of lilo.conf; I removed that.

I still have a few problems.

- The screen and keyboard are hosed when I resume from suspend.  ("So
  don't suspend then!")  Or maybe the screen's messed up and the OS is
  crashed; haven't tried to SSH in.
- What's the usual method of hibernation/suspend-to-disk?
- the console video appears to be in800x600 or 640x480.  How can I change
  it to the display's native 1024x768?

Oh, and for anyone that's looking for a graphical battery monitor, gkrellm
works well.

TAURUS:  You will never find true happiness - what you gonna
do, cry about it?  The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up,
do a bunch of stuff and then go back to sleep.  -- Weird Al